GBP Price: 10,000,000
• Hurst Lodge is Grade II* listed and understood to date back to 1580. The house was built by John Barker, who at the time was a gentleman usher to Queen Elizabeth I.
• The property has been enlarged over the years, with a classic Queen Anne facade added in 1700 and a further substantial extension added between 1927 and 1936.
• Arranged over three floors, the accommodation is classically proportioned of its time and the main reception rooms all benefit from lovely high ceilings and a wonderful southerly aspect over the gardens and grounds beyond.
• The property abounds with period features and elegance, including Delft tiling, 17th Century oak panelling and original fireplaces. Over recent years the property has undergone considerable modernisation.
• The main house is entered through the grand reception hall, with an open fire, wood block parquet herringbone pattern floor and 17th Century panelling. An inner hall gives access to the main reception rooms, individually styled, the dining room has panelling and a chequer board pattern floor and the drawing room has a spectacular vaulted ceiling with a large feature window.
• The kitchen has modern appliances and access via steps down to the wine cellar. The bedroom accommodation is spread over two floors and combines generously proportioned rooms, many with en-suite bathrooms, and an impressive master suite.
• There is good secondary accommodation with a four bedroom Gardener's Cottage and the old Coach House which is in need of restoration and was formally arranged as two 1 and 3 bedroom self-contained flats.
• #VINGTLoves This is a beautiful Georgian Country House set in stunning private grounds with paddocks, ponds and woodland. It has the added bonus of easy access to London and nearby attractions of leisure facilities, golf courses, boating at Henley and horse-racing at Ascot.
• PLEASE NOTE
• THE LISTED EURO PRICE IS A GUIDELINE BASED ON EXCHANGE RATE AT THE TIME OF LISTING. THIS PRICE IS SUBJECT TO FLUCTUATIONS IN THE EXCHANGE RATE
Property Ref: PSU1044
(Honoraires à la charge du vendeur / Agency fees are chargeable to the seller)