This breathtaking 17th century apartment is your incredible opportunity to own a rare historical jewel on the chic Ile Saint Louis in the middle of Paris.
• Along with neighbouring Ile de la Cite, it marked France's first foray into urban planning. In the 17th century, Louis XIII, under a plan devised by his father Henry IV, had the island in the Seine River transformed from cow-grazing pastureland to one of the gridded streets with houses built of fireproof stone and slate.
• Instead of the buildings focusing inward on courtyards that were typical of the period, the windows and balconies of these abodes focused outward on views of the Seine.
• The architecture of Louis Le Vau and development plan of Christophe Marie remain much intact, making the neighbourhood in the 4th arrondissement one of the most historically authentic.
• Situated on the first floor, the apartment boasts two bedrooms and two bathrooms, including the all important and very rare air conditioning. As you walk in, you are greeted with oak floors which were repurposed from a French chateau and bring a rich patina to this extraordinary space. The charming living room hearth is painted black on the inside and fitted with an eco-friendly burner. The kitchen is equipped with a Cornue "Petite Chateau" kitchen stove considered the Rolls Royce of cooking instruments, it's absolutely beautiful to behold with its brass fittings and trim. This is included with the apartment sale.
• Original stone walls were unearthed during construction and complement the other authentic architectural features found throughout the apartment. An opulent mirror and a pair of elegant wall sconces were found at local brocantes, and an antique chest of drawers was repurposed to create a vanity with a top-mounted porcelain sink. The first floor shower room was redesigned as an open air space without ceiling to enable a view of the hand-painted ceiling beams
• On the first floor, the bed is flanked by two custom-made cabinets. The cosy queen-size loft bed is accented with a blue velvet headboard the homeowner discovered at a local second-hand shop.
• #VINGTLoves It is clear that every inch of this magical property was lovingly restored and holds centuries of history.
• Freehold included
• Copropriété de 16 lots (Pas de procédure en cours). Charges annuelles : 1724 euros.
Property Ref: PSU1312
(Honoraires à la charge du vendeur / Agency fees are chargeable to the seller)
Ile Saint Louis Dans un immeuble construit en 1648 nous vous proposons en exclusivité , un charmant appartement en duplex avec situé sur a premier étage, de 62m² au sol et 45 m² loi Carrez.
• Il se compose d'un salon avec cheminée, de deux chambres, une cuisine indépendante, une salle de bains et une salle d'eau .
• Cet appartement plein de charme, avec une belle hauteur sous plafond est vendu meublé.
• Par ailleurs l'appartement est équipé d'une climatisation.
• Au coeur de Paris cet appartement atypique offre de très belles prestations.
• Appartement coup de coeur bénéficiant de beaux volumes, regroupant les éléments anciens et rénové avec gout.
• #VINGTLoves Une occasion unique de vivre votre petit bout d'histoire parisienne au coeur de l'Ile Saint-Louis recherchée, privée et exclusive. Copropriété de 16 lots (Pas de procédure en cours). Charges annuelles : 1724 euros.
Property Ref: PSU1312
From the Grand Palais and Grands Boulevards to the Moulin Rouge and Sacré Coeur, the Rive Droite is filled to the brim with some of the most historic attractions in the world – but most of us locals have been there and done that. Some of us maybe even have the t-shirt. So where is… read more