Situated in perhaps the most desirable neighbourhood in Paris, the heart of historic and fashionable St Germain des Pres, where Les Deux Magots and Cafe de Flore are among your local cafes, the shopping and boutiques are unmatched, and you can stroll in the Luxembourg Gardens, only a few steps away.
• Located on the étage noble (noble floor) of this Napoleon III era building, its grand and open volume is composed of 3.2 meter ceilings and 142 square meters of space, antique hardwood parquet floors, and beautifully restored moldings and architectural elements, all overlooking the quiet cobble stoned courtyard with original restored horse stables and converted barn, evoking the tranquility and horse-drawn feel of pre-industrial Paris.
• An elegant Dining Room is just off the entryway. Through expansive double doors it opens on to the Grand Salon with original works of art, a large marble fireplace with its ceiling-height period gilded mirror, and elegant designer furniture.
• If you are a writer or visiting professor or businessman you will have the luxury of a separate, spacious, office/entertainment room with leather topped banker's desk, and plenty of built-in storage and bookshelves, as well as a large comfy sofa to unwind in front of the large screen television.
• As you enter the large American-style eat-in kitchen, you'll discover it to be modern and spacious with ALL conveniences, including: a large refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer and separate clothes dryer, microwave, full oven, induction cook top and more. The kitchen also has its own eating/breakfast area with a beautiful marble-top dining counter overlooking the quiet courtyard.
• Two large bedrooms each have their own entrances onto the limestone-slab bathroom with drenching shower and Phillipe Starck fixtures including a deep soaking tub. The master bedroom has built in air conditioning, which can also cool the living areas on hot summer days. A separate marbled WC is located off of the entry hall for guests.
• This is also one of the few remaining full concierge buildings, with a full time gardienne living downstairs, providing unmatched security and convenience.
• #VINGTLoves We love the feeling of space and pre-industrial Parisian tranquility with its high ceilings, parquet floors, beautifully restored features overlooking the quiet cobble stoned courtyard.
• Car parking space included
• TV/Phone/Wifi included
Property Ref: PSU358
The 6th arrondissement is one of the most culturally significant hubs in the world. From artists and existentialists to musicians and politicians, the heart of Paris’ Left Bank has played host to some of the greatest intellectuals of all time – most of whom flocked to Saint Germain for elegant socialising at the likes of… read more