Once home to the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Le Moulin de la Tuilerie is a spectacular royal estate dating back several hundred years and situated in a picturesque valley just to the south-west of Paris.
• Boasting a fascinating history, it was notably the weekend retreat of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor (one-time Prince of Wales, Edward, and his wife Wallis Simpson) for some 20 years.
• During this time, they entertained the international glitterati of the 1950's and 60's, including Maria Callas, Marlene Dietrich, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton and Cecil Beaton.
• Unique to the market, this breathtakingly beautiful residence sits in rolling countryside, on the edge of the Chevreuse Forest, next to the village of Gif-sur-Yvette.
• Formerly an 18th-century mill, the 26-acre estate occupies the rare position of being at once rural and at the same time only 30 minutes from the centre of Paris.
• This makes it the ideal location to take advantage of all that is offered by the capital, from the galleries and museums to the restaurants and bars, as well as this quiet and unspoilt part of France.
• Built from the local honey-coloured limestone, this enchanting country retreat comprises six separate properties, a large events space, stunning landscaped grounds and a polo pitch.
• In total, the estate can sleep 38 guests, making it the perfect place for entertaining large numbers of friends and family, with plenty of room for on-site staff as well.
• With no expense spared, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor also embarked on a prestigious renovation, headed up by the famous interior designer Stéphane Boudin, who went on to do the White House for the Kennedys in Washington D.C, while the grounds were designed by the great English garden designer Russel Page.
• Prior to the royal tenure, the property was owned by the renowned artist and fashion illustrator, Adrien Étienne (who became known as Drian) and he himself hosted many famous artists here - including Picasso.
• Today, Le Moulin de la Tuilerie would make a truly magical home for anyone wanting the peace and quiet of this idyllic corner of the countryside and the proximity of Paris.
• Situated just 10 minutes from the station at Gif-Sur-Yvette, which is on the RER network and links directly to Paris with trains every 15 minutes, central Paris is 30 minutes away, Gare du Nord is one hour, Orly Airport is 30 minutes and Charles de Gaulle is an hour and 15 minutes.
• #VingtLoves: It's not every day that the opportunity comes along to live like a Duke and Duchess, especially so close to Paris, and we are expecting interest in this unique country home from around the world.
Property Ref: PSU501
(Honoraires à la charge du vendeur / Agency fees are chargeable to the seller)