Anne Ditmeyer is a graphic designer and communications consultant based in Paris, and author of the travel meets design blog, Prêt à Voyager. Photo courtesy: Caitlin E. Earley
1. What initially inspired you to move here or visit?
I was an art history student studying abroad. All my classes met in my professors’ homes and then we’d go out and see the real deal in Paris.
2. Earliest Paris memory?
Around 4th grade taking a summer day camp session to learn French. I learned the alphabet, who Muzzy was, and that I loved crêpes. I didn’t make it to Paris until I was a junior in high school when we visited and stayed with friends of the family. I think staying in a real French home helped me fall in love with the place.
3. Best neighbourhood you’ve ever lived in?
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in Paris?
Tartiflette at The Little Paris Kitchen.
5. Sexiest moment you’ve had in Paris?
Visiting the Musée d’Eroticisme.
6. What do you hate most about living in Paris?
Feels claustrophobic sometimes. (Note: I live in 12m²).
7. Who’s your favourite Parisian — be they living or dead, real or fictional?
Philippe Vermès, my photography teacher from 10 years ago, and like adoptive family now.
8. Favourite cinema?
MK2 Stalingrad – former slaughter house turned French cinema.
9. Right bank or left bank? And why?
East. Read here.
10. Favourite Caviste?
Any shop along rue des Martyrs.
11. Where do you go to escape the city?
12. Where are the best looking girls or boys in Paris and why?
Le Dansoir. It’s a Colette hideaway and a crazy hipster world.
13. Where do you get your news?
14. Favourite museum?
Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature – yes, the museum of hunting!
15. Favourite shop?
Merci + it’s always changing with a new installation each month so it’s never boring.
16. Who’s the most stylish Paris personality?
17. What is your favourite film set in Paris?
Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amèlie Poulin.
18. What about Paris most inspires you?
Learning about new places from friends.
19. What makes someone a Parisian?
20. What’s your favourite French word? (Swear words allowed!)