Elliott Barnes is an architect.
1. What initially inspired you to move here or visit?
A reading of Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast.
2. Earliest Paris memory?
When I was six years old.
3. Best neighbourhood you’ve ever lived in?
2nd arrondissement, in the year 2000.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in Paris?
My most memorable was Taillevant in 2006, because it was my son’s first three star experience.
5. Sexiest moment you’ve had in Paris?
Can’t be printed here!
6. What do you hate most about living in Paris?
The fact that the spontaneity of the Parisian experience has given way to pre-planning and reservations for any outing.
7. Who’s your favourite Parisian — be they living or dead, real or fictional?
Josephine Baker, Catherine Deneuve.
8. Favourite cinema?
Max Linder Panorama.
9. Right bank or left bank? And why?
Right bank, because it’s seemingly more mobile.
10. Favourite Caviste?
Legrand Fille & Fils.
11. Where do you go to escape the city?
I usually go to sleep. Because you can never escape Paris, it’s always alive in you in some form or another.
12. Where are the best looking girls or boys in Paris and why?
2nd arrondissement, because of the mix.
13. Where do you get your news?
Antenne 2 and CNN.
14. Favourite museum?
Musée des Arts & Métiers.
15. Favourite shop?
16. Who’s the most stylish Paris personality?
All Parisians are stylish and have personality. That’s what makes them Parisians!
17. What is your favourite film set in Paris?
Round Midnight from Bertrand Tavernier.
18. What about Paris most inspires you?
The light in late September, early October.
19. What makes someone a Parisian?
Attitude. “Je m’en fou, moi d’abord”.
20. What’s your favourite French word? (Swear words allowed!)