Eve Jackson presents the Culture show daily on France 24.
1. What initially inspired you to move here or visit?
I wanted an adventure.
2. Earliest Paris memory?
Looking out of my window and seeing the Arc de Triomphe.
3. Best neighbourhood you’ve ever lived in?
The 19th. Two minutes from the most beautiful park in Paris, le Butte Chaumont, and the best bakery in the world – Véronique Mauclerc!
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in Paris?
Le Chapeau Melon or one cooked by my mate Fiona Cameron – really the best cook ever.
5. Sexiest moment you’ve had in Paris?
Couldn’t possibly say.
6. What do you hate most about living in Paris?
Not enough green space. And the complaining!
7. Who’s your favourite Parisian — be they living or dead, real or fictional?
Willy Ronis, Niki de Saint Phalle or BB.
8. Favourite cinema?
Cinema MK2 Quai de Seine.
9. Right bank or left bank? And why?
Right every time. Cooler, funkier, edgier, fewer tourists.
10. Favourite Caviste?
The Nicolas on rue des Dames in the 17th.
11. Where do you go to escape the city?
I hide under the covers in my apartment.
12. Where are the best looking girls or boys in Paris and why?
There are hotties everywhere…but probably in the 10th.
13. Where do you get your news?
France 24 obviously!
14. Favourite museum?
The Rodin Museum. So peaceful.
15. Favourite shop?
It’s called Storie on Rue Delambre – it’s magical.
16. Who’s the most stylish Paris personality?
She’s not from Paris but Coco Chanel.
17. What is your favourite film that is set in Paris?
Midnight in Paris.
18. What about Paris most inspires you?
The buildings, the river, the light in spring and summer – it’s like living in a dream.
19. What makes someone a Parisian?
For men: a beard, a scarf and generally looking like they don’t care when clearly they do.
For women: long, tousled hair, skinny, pretty, moody.
20. What’s your favourite French word? (Swear words allowed!)