Fabien Larchez is creator of Meilleur Ami, the publishing house dedicated to male accessories.
1. What initially inspired you to move here or visit?
My mother / mother’s family from Paris.
2. Earliest Paris memory?
Haussmannian flat with wood floor (crisp!) and mouldings.
3. Best neighbourhood you’ve ever lived in?
18th district / Montmartre .
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in Paris?
Lately, Italian food at CIBUS rue Molière 75001. For French food, La Régalade Avenue Jean Moulin 75014.
5. Sexiest moment you’ve had in Paris?
Everywhere in Paris in June early morning after parties…
6. What do you hate most about living in Paris?
Too many people / tourists, and never any available cabs…
7. Who’s your favourite Parisian — be they living or dead, real or fictional?
8. Favourite cinema?
Studio 28 in the 18th.
9. Right bank or left bank? And why?
10. Favourite Caviste?
Julhès: for wine and cheese, rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis 75010.
11. Where do you go to escape the city?
En Touraine or the Atlantic coast.
12. Where are the best looking girls or boys in Paris and why?
In the 10th, a mix and match of old, young, rich, poor, foreigners, bobo, folk people. A junction.
13. Where do you get your news?
14. Favourite museum?
15. Favourite shop?
La Grande Epicerie.
16. Who’s the most stylish Paris personality?
Alexandre Thumerelle from the 0fr bookshop.
17. What is your favourite film set in Paris?
A bout de souffle de Godard et L’amour, l’après midi de Rohmer.
18. What about Paris most inspires you?
19. What makes someone a Parisian?
20. What’s your favourite French word? (Swear words allowed!)
Rouler une pelle!