Jennifer Hutt is part of the band Faren Khan.
1. What initially inspired you to move here or visit?
To escape from the hood.
2. Earliest Paris memory?
The Pop In…and meeting musicians at Studio Campus.
3. Best neighbourhood you’ve ever lived in?
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in Paris?
Slow – Le Pré verre – 5ème…..fast – Rose Bakery
5. Sexiest moment you’ve had in Paris?
I can’t say!
6. What do you hate most about living in Paris?
Congestion and fashion trends…
7. Who’s your favourite Parisian — be they living or dead, real or fictional?
Everyone gets to skip a question, right? This is mine, I can’t decide…
8. Favourite cinema?
9. Right bank or left bank? And why?
Right bank, it’s grounded
10. Favourite Caviste?
Les Caves Augé, 8ème
11. Where do you go to escape the city?
On tour with Faren Khan….sinon, to the forêt nationale de Meudon.
12. Where are the best looking girls or boys in Paris and why?
There are interesting-looking people everywhere ….
13. Where do you get your news?
Difficult…I try to find the real story somewhere between Libé, Inter, Info, NPR, Mediapart, New Yorker, Al-Jazeera Europe, internet mailings and my peeps.
14. Favourite museum?
Musée d’art moderne, Beaubourg, MEP, Guimet
15. Favourite shop?
16. Who’s the most stylish Paris personality?
Jose Navas, guitarist/librarian Cité de la Musique, hands down.
17. What is your favourite film set in Paris?
2 days in Paris
18. What about Paris most inspires you?
All of its rough edges…
19. What makes someone a Parisian?
Sometimes it’s speed, rudeness and positioning….other times it’s intelligence, beauty, strength and poetry.
20. What’s your favourite French word? (Swear words allowed!)