VP issues new safety guidelines
Posted on May 19, 2020 by VINGT Editorial
To ensure everyone’s safety, VINGT Paris has issued a new set of guidelines for property visits
In order to ensure everyone’s safety during the pandemic, VINGT Paris has issued the following guidelines to its staff. As always, we are grateful for everyone’s ongoing co-operation during these exceptional times
At VINGT Paris we:
- Ensure that all in-person meetings with sellers and showings are done by appointment. No more than four persons may be at the property at one time – and no in-person open houses are permitted. All persons must maintain a six-foot social distance at all times.
- Consider limiting in-person showings to potential buyers who have been pre-approved for financing. Use photographs, virtual showings and floorplans to help buyer clients narrow down their housing needs prior to any in-person showings.
- Consider providing marketing materials and other information relevant to the home electronically in advance of the showing.
- Encourage sellers not to be present during the showing. Ask sellers to turn on all of the lights and leave interior doors, drapes and blinds open. This will ensure that anyone entering the home will not need to touch the light switches and door knobs throughout the home.
- Ask sellers to clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces prior to and after the showing.
- Discourage anyone who does not need to view the home from attending a showing.
- Encourage the use of masks and gloves while viewing a home.
- Ask buyers to refrain from touching any surfaces in a home (including light switches and interior door knobs). There should not be any sharing of phones, pens or tablets.
- Minimise the time physically present at the home. After a showing, rather than engaging in a discussion while still at the property, consider waiting to discuss the home via email or phone.