The former residence of the great Impressionist painter Renoir, this beautiful apartment is set across the top two floors of a south-west facing period building in the elegant enclave of Saint-Georges, just to the south of Montmartre.
• The dream dwelling for any art-lover, this spectacular property was home to the famous French artist Pierre-Auguste Renoir from 1897 to 1902.
• Back in those days, this renowned address was also a meeting place for many artists, musicians and thinkers of the period (including Toulouse Lautrec, Gustave Moreau and Emile Zola).
• Dating from around the middle of the 19th century, the apartment has recently undergone a two-year renovation in which it was restored to the highest design standards whilst also preserving the lovely historic features - such as high ceilings, timber beams and decorative fireplaces.
• Spread over two levels, and complete with its own private elevator, the residence comprises a stunning salon and dining area, an open-plan kitchen, three bedrooms and three bathrooms.
• In addition, the building also housed Renoir's muse of the time and this chamber is now directly accessible via a spiral staircase from the living room as a possible fourth bedroom (complete with its own bathroom) or petit 'chill-out' room.
• On top of all that, there is an impressive wrap-around terrace of over 50m, accessible from the living room and all three bedrooms, with lovely views over the picturesque neighbourhood of Saint-Georges.
• One of the most in-demand pockets of Paris, this peaceful, leafy district is set astride both the newly-cool Pigalle and the foodie Martyrs areas with easy access to two metro lines.
• Last but not least, this classic Parisian corner building is also marked with a special plaque to commemorate its exceptional artistic heritage.
• #VingtLoves: This really is a chance to live the dream, as they say, with a Parisian experience that is truly once in a lifetime. Flooded with light from the many large windows, we reckon this expansive property would perhaps suit a modern-day artist - or maybe it's time to take a year off and write that book!
• TV, WiFi and Telephone included
Property Ref: PSU1056
How to boil down the 9th arrondissement? Opéra Garnier and Grands Boulevards perform double duties as the stately heart of Haussmann architecture, and veins of avenues swimming with shoppers and carousers. Belle époque era passageways tunnel off the boulevards and ‘Swiss cheese’ the arrondissement. The faubourgs, or “suburbs”, slope up towards the base of Montmartre,… read more