The former residence of the great Impressionist painter Renoir, this beautiful apartment is set across the top two floors of a south-west facing period building in the elegant enclave of Saint-Georges, just to the south of Montmartre.
• The dream dwelling for any art-lover, this spectacular property was home to the famous French artist Pierre-Auguste Renoir from 1897 to 1902.
• Back in those days, this renowned address was also a meeting place for many artists, musicians and thinkers of the period (including Toulouse Lautrec, Gustave Moreau and Emile Zola).
• Dating from around the middle of the 19th century, the apartment has recently undergone a two-year renovation in which it was restored to the highest design standards whilst also preserving the lovely historic features - such as high ceilings, timber beams and decorative fireplaces.
• Spread over two levels, and complete with its own private elevator, the residence comprises a stunning salon and dining area, an open-plan kitchen, three bedrooms and three bathrooms.
• In addition, the building also housed Renoir's muse of the time and this chamber is now directly accessible via a spiral staircase from the living room as a possible fourth bedroom (complete with its own bathroom) or petit 'chill-out' room.
• On top of all that, there is an impressive wrap-around terrace of over 50m, accessible from the living room and all three bedrooms, with lovely views over the picturesque neighbourhood of Saint-Georges.
• One of the most in-demand pockets of Paris, this peaceful, leafy district is set astride both the newly-cool Pigalle and the foodie Martyrs areas with easy access to two metro lines.
• Last but not least, this classic Parisian corner building is also marked with a special plaque to commemorate its exceptional artistic heritage.
• #VingtLoves: This really is a chance to live the dream, as they say, with a Parisian experience that is truly once in a lifetime. Flooded with light from the many large windows, we reckon this expansive property would perhaps suit a modern-day artist - or maybe it's time to take a year off and write that book!
• TV, WiFi and Telephone included
Property Ref: PSU1056
Today, the 9th is not to be defined purely through its classic sites but its exciting cultural scene: wide awake within the slanting streets of South Pigalle and dominated by young, creative locals. As a go-to hub for the city’s alternative music scene, it feels like the modern day equivalent to Montmartre’s cabaret-centric past, which… read more